TCF registration conditions and rules
Before the exam:
- Your enrolment will not be processed until payment has been received.
- No refunds will be made for cancellations, postponements, no-shows or late arrivals.
- In the event of major impossibility, a deferral to the following session (outside the mandatory 30-day period between registrations) may be accepted if proof of absence is provided by the day of the examination (illness: medical certificate; transport difﬁculty: delay or strike).
- An invitation is sent by e-mail or post no later than one week before the examination. If you do not receive your invitation one week before the exam, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to attend because you have not received your invitation, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Examination dates and times are final and cannot be changed.
- If you have a disability (physical, sensory, mental, cognitive or psychological), or if you have difficulty getting around, please contact us before registering.
The day of the exam:
- You must arrive at the time indicated on the invitation.
- You must present your invitation to the test as well as a valid original identity document with photo and signature (passport, residence permit, prefecture receipt, national card for EU countries).
- You must check the accuracy of your personal details, which will appear on your answer sheet on the day of the exam, as any errors not reported on the day of the exam cannot be corrected afterwards.
- Please write in black pen.
- Only the materials and documents distributed by the invigilators are permitted. Any use of a document other than those authorised will be considered an attempt at fraud. Mobile phones and other electronic devices are not permitted. Dictionaries are not permitted.
- It is not possible to leave the examination room during the tests.
- Please note that failure to comply with any of these rules may result in your exam being declared invalid.
After the exam:
- The certificate of results, which is valid for 2 years, will be sent by e-mail (in PDF format) approximately 3 weeks after the test date; this period may be extended when France Éducation International is closed.
- The results certificate must be signed by the candidate.
- Any request for a correction (Oral Expression or Written Expression) must be made within 3 weeks of receiving the results, and will be invoiced at €45 if the level remains unchanged.
- You can take the TCF as many times as you like. However, you must wait 30 days between each test.